One of the great joys of romance novels is their fundamental optimism. They reassure us that obstacles—everything from lingering childhood hurts to zombie apocalypses—can be overcome. That love can find us even under the most unlikely, humdrum, or harrowing circumstances. That happy endings are still possible, even in a very imperfect world filled with very imperfect people.
I’ve read romances since the age of seven or so, shortly after my mother pointed out the stack of dog-eared books in her closet and declared them off-limits. The next time I found myself unsupervised in the vicinity of her bedroom, of course, there was no stopping me. I basically dove headfirst into that pile of paperbacks.
A couple of weeks ago, I finally realized what I needed to break my reading slump: heroes. But not just any heroes—supportive, kind ones who tried their best, even when they made mistakes. In other words, human cinnamon rolls.
Tonight, I finally remembered that I hadn’t posted the epilogue for my Lovestruck Librarians series yet. So at long last, here it is!
The epilogue is about the length of a long chapter, and I had SO MUCH FUN with it. Based on fan feedback, I wrote it from the perspective of Angie, the bawdy, outspoken heroine of My Reckless Valentine. It includes an engagement, a pregnancy, and an extensive discussion of sex emojis. Yes, really. 🙂
One final note: Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the readers who’ve followed this series. I’m more grateful and honored than I can say. The Lovestruck Librarians books celebrate love and the power of female friendship, and they’ve brought me so much joy. I hope they’ve done the same for you. ♥
P.S. The link for the epilogue is below, and it’s a PDF. Enjoy!
Hello again! A few people suggested we post the social media and buy links for all the #notRWA17 presenters. The talented and generous Erin Satie volunteered to compile the information, and she got it to me about a week ago. But again: novella-in-progress. (Sorry.) With my sincere apologies, here are the links now! ♥
I’m so sorry I haven’t posted this before now! The wonderful S.S. Jaxon gathered a list of all the #notRWA17 threads several days ago, but I was too distracted by a novella-in-progress to put the links on my blog right away. At long last, though, here they are!
Thank you again to all the presenters (and giveaway authors, commenters, and lurkers) who made our virtual conference so special. ♥
Kini and I in the offices of The Frederick News-Post (Kini’s the adorable one on the right).
Yesterday on Twitter, a lovely writer friend mentioned listening to the podcast I recorded in January with reader, reviewer, and podcaster extraordinaire Kini. Several other people then asked for the link and listened to the interview too. Which, incidentally, made ME click the link and listen, since I didn’t remember what I’d said! 🙂
Anyway, it occurred to me that I’d never posted the podcast link on my blog and website, so here it is: the Romance Romp podcast! I’m Episode 7, and there are many other wonderful episodes too.
If you want to listen to me chat with Kini about romance as both a reader and writer, or if you want to hear why I have such a hard time reading or writing alphahole heroes, or if you simply want to know what it sounds like when a grown woman giggles for an hour and twenty minutes, this podcast is for you!
(Note: Do I really sound like that? I guess I do, huh?)
Saturday is the last day of our virtual conference, sadly. But we still have some wonderful threads throughout the day, as well as a HUGE numbers of authors giving away books! Have fun! ♥
AM prompt: Pics of #notRWA17 conference clothing (AKA pajamas) PM prompt: Productivity/procrastination-beating tips
10 a.m. EST: Sasha Devlin (@SashaDevlin) Plotbunny with Purpose
11 a.m.: Kelly Maher (@kmmaher) I Write Like Who? Using Librarian Skills to Market Your Book
Noonish: Books and Joe (@booksandjoe) How to Woo a Blogger
1 p.m.: Maggie Wells (@MaggieWells1) Working 9-5 & 5-9 (AKA: Don’t Quit Your Night Job)
2 p.m.: Sasha Devlin (@SashaDevlin) The Care & Feeding of Magical (Author) Creatures
All day Saturday: Giveaways Featuring 50+ Authors!
To enter the giveaways, simply visit the Twitter feeds of participating authors and follow their instructions. They’ll use the #notRWA17 hashtag, and we’ll circulate a graphic with their names. Also, their names and Twitter handles are listed below. (Out of alphabetical order, because I’m feeling a wee bit lazy. Sorry.)
1. Olivia Dade (@OliviaWrites)
2. Karen Booth (@karenbbooth)
3. Ainslie Paton (@AinsliePaton)
4. Ruby Lang (@RubeLang)
5. Maggie Wells (@MaggieWells1)
6. Aislinn Kearns (@ardentaislinn)
7. Manda Collins (@MandaCollins)
8. Emma Barry (@AuthorEmmaBarry)
9. Cecilia London (@authorclondon)
10. Lydia San Andres (@lydiaallthetime)
11. Linda Poitevin (@lindapoitevin)
12. Jodie Griffin (@Jodie_Griffin)
13. Sandra Schwab (@ScribblingSandy)
14. KJ Charles (@kj_charles)
15. Sara Rider (@SaraRider42)
16. Nicole Locke (@NicoleLockeNews)
17. Mia Hopkins (@MiaHopkinsxoxo)
18. Susan Scott Shelley (@Susan_S_Shelley)
19. Maggie Chase (@TheMaggieChase)
20. Mia Sosa (@miasosaromance)
21. Jocelyn Adler (@JocelynZombie)
22. Andie J. Christopher (@authorandiej)
23. Seressia Glass (@seressia)
24. Megan Frampton (@meganf)
25. Sue London (@cmdrsue)
26. Alexandra Haughton (@WriterAHaughton)
27. Amie Stuart (@chronic_mom)
28. Kelly Maher (@kmmaher)
29. Amy Quinton (@AmyQuinton)
30. Shannyn Schroeder (@SSchroeder_)
31. Laurie Benson (@LaurieBwrites)
32. Christine d’Abo (@Christine_dAbo)
33. Felice Stevens (@FeliceStevens1)
34. Sabrina Sol (@theromancechica)
35. Nicole McLaughlin (@nicolemauthor)
36. J. Margot Critch (@juanitamcritch)
37. Melanie Ting (@MelTing21)
38. Cynthia Diamond (@CinsDiamond)
39. Michelle Boule (@wanderingeyre)
40. J. Suzanne Frank (@JSuzanneFrank)
41. Karyn Gerrard (@KarynGerrard)
42. Jen Gilroy (@JenGilroy1)
43. Lita Harris (@litaharris)
44. Kel O’Connor (@KelWriting)
45. Crystal Bowling (@crystalbooksit)
46. A.C. Nixon (@ACNixon_writer)
47. Arlene Hittle (@ArleneHittle)
48. Melissa Blue (@mel_thegreat)
49. Mia West (@miawestwrites)
50. Shae Connor (@shaeconnor)
51. Rain Merton (@RainMerton)
52. Ryvr Jones (@Nospheratt)
53. Kate Canterbary (@kcanterbary)
54. Sarah M. Anderson (@SarahMAnderson1)