**Excerpted from Regency Men’s Fitness. All rights reserved. Thanks to Tessa Dare.**
Many a marriage-averse duke has been led into matrimony by a winsome stableboy (who’s really a hoyden/virgin/revenge-seeking virago) in his employ. Could you be next?
Watch your stableboy carefully for the following signs:
- Surprisingly (and delightfully) rounded bottom when he leans over to check your stallion’s hoof. (NOTE: Not a metaphor.)
- Keeps clearing his throat and attempting to talk in a lower voice, especially when you unexpectedly arrive while he’s murmuring to your horses.
- Refuses to join other stable staff in inevitable, impromptu lake/river bathing.
- Head always covered by something that would conceal lustrous locks of shimmering hair.
- Previous stableboys have never stirred similar feelings in your dukish loins. (NOTE: Such feelings may indicate a need to reevaluate your sexuality, rather than the presence of a disguised heroine. Or both.)
- You can talk to him for hours about estate management, which is unusual for stableboys.
- Keeps gritting his teeth when you talk about your most recent opera dancer.
- Possesses huge, intelligent eyes invariably fringed by thick, long lashes.
- When he incurs injury to his torso or groin region—which he will, trust us—and you’re forced to undress him, you realize he’s bound his tempting breasts with a length of linen.
- Looks very much like your best friend’s little sister, your little sister’s best friend, or the daughter of your sworn enemy. So much so, in fact, that you wonder whether he could be her twin. (HINT: He’s not. They’re the SAME PERSON.)